Monday, December 21, 2009

An Appetizing Evening

We started a new family tradition tonite. In the busyness of December we can almost miss seeing each others homes decorated for Christmas. We decided this year to make it our tradition to have an evening of progressive appetizers.
Elijah was not too excited about being in the car.
We started our evening at Britt & Shana's.


Our first round of appetizers.


This is our family nativity and it is very special to me. I grew up with this nativity and spent hours enjoying and studying it's intricate detail. My Mom bought it at the Lynden Book Shop in the 60's and they were actually quite common in the area.

After Gary and I were married I inherited the nativity and we have had it in our home every year since.

Then I became obsessed with finding one for each of my kids. My Mom actually found two at garage sales, and when my first three were young I found the exact nativity reproduced and for sale again at the Lynden Book Shop. I was beside myself happy and bought one for each of the kids, a spare for parts.

As the kids marry they are given their nativity, and it is pure joy for me to see it in their homes.
Next stop Brandon & Greta's
They also have a beautiful tree and the only "live" one in the fam this year. Nermal was waiting for us by the tree as if to serve as our tour guide. Looks like he has his headlights on too. How funny is that!
Ross got his first tour of their new home and we all had to try out their beautiful new sectional. After more delicious appetizers and some great fun we all ended our evening at our house where two sleepy boys could go to bed. We had more apps with dessert and coffee.

For whatever reason I stopped taking pictures at this point so have only three pictures at Brandon and Greta's...and none at ours. It was a lot of fun and we will do this again next year.

2 comments: