Saturday, April 23, 2011

Betsy's Easter Lily

My friend Betsy grew this amazing Casablanca Lily and I think it is beautiful. I am not a gardener, but I truly appreciate those who are. Betsy is amazing and I lover her!

She posted this picture today just as I was pondering our Good Friday service last nite and working thru my emotions over the suffering of Jesus for my sin. His suffering is more than I can handle.

I am very sensetive to suffering. I think I get this from my daddy. I can't bear to face it in any form, so Good Friday is always hard for me. I have just ready thru the Gosples and will admit reading rapidly thru that section each time.

What does this have to do with Betsy's beautiful lily? Nothing. But it is where my mind was when I saw this picture. Lilies are the flower I associate with Easter - pure, white, fragrant, living, beautiful, majestic...like Jesus.

Thank you Betsy, for sharing your beautiful lily with me today!

No comments: