Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Cold!

Never thot I would say that after last week but I am really cold! Weather is a really boring thing to write about but it's crazy how insanely hot it was last week and this week it's so cool and raining constantly.

Gary and Britt came home from fishing on Tuesday. They had a great time despite the water being rough and fish a bit elusive. They did catch a few silver salmon and some nice halibut. Most will be packaged and frozen for us in town, but we did keep some for fresh eating and it was great. Of course there were great fishing stories and a few pics of the adventure.

Brandon and Greta were over for dinner Wed. nite and we cooked the fish and had some fresh corn-on-the-cob. This was their first day back to work after the fair. They are still crunching numbers and organizing data but seem pleased that all went well. Gary and Brandon had a pow-wow so Greta and I went to Grandma's for a bit.

With less than a week till school starts we have a lot to do to get Taryn ready for school. On Friday we will spend the day shopping. Our plan is to shop all the way down the I-5 corridor towards Seattle. In the evening we will be in Bothell to hear Kay Arthur speak. I am so excited.

We are also one step closed to our horse purchase. After a clean vet check the horse will be ours. We don't anticipate any problems. This has been a most interesting process since I have never purchased a horse before. I am so thankful for Gary's wisdom and the assistance of our new trainer.

I will hopefully have a more exciting blog on Saturday.

No comments: