Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Week At The Fair

This was fair week which meant a daily 8 - 4 schedule for me at the Poffertjes booth. Brandon and Greta graciously allow me to work for them managing the morning shift and working grill. I love doing this and put everything else in my life on hold to make this week as smooth and productive as it can possibly be.

We had a great week with a great crew of people to work with. Brandon was quoted in the Tribune, and Greta was interviewed live on KGMI.

All in all there were very few glitches and several huge improvements to our booth and the overall production of product. B & G did an amazing job of running everything start to finish.

The weather was great, but just a bit hot working in the confines of a booth over a hot grill. I'm very thankful to get to be a part of it and that they are willing to let me work with them.

Wednesday night Taryn and I went to the Little Big Town concert which was amazing. I love this group and really enjoy their tight harmony and the show was great. My only regret was that Gary couldn't make it.

Taryn also worked all week at the horse barn for the NW Arabian Horse Association. She wasn't able to have her horse there this but did help with their ten horses. She was rewarded for her work by being able to borrow a horse and ride in part of the performance show on Thursday. She competed in the "discipline rail" and "pairs class" on Dancer. This was a huge highlight for her and I was so proud to watch her after my shift.

Friday morning at 3:30 Gary and Britt left on a fishing trip to Vancouver Island. Somehow I managed to get laundry, packing and cooking done for that.

They did have some drama when their ride showed up a half hour late which put them in a time crunch for the ferry. Then when they got to the border Gary discovered he had grabbed Britt's birth certificate out of the file instead of his own. That didn't go over too well and they were taken inside the border station which made them even later. And, yes, they missed their ferry - a nearly 3 hour delay.

Gary called Saturday nite to check how everything was going here. Unfortunately their fishing trip isn't going very well. No fish, the water is rough, and three of the four on the boat have struggled with motion sickness - Gary included. I'm hoping their last two days will be better.

No comments: