Saturday, August 30, 2008

Packing for St. Paul




I'm packing. In the morning I will leave very early and begin a great adventure traveling to St. Paul Minnesota to attend my very first Republican National Convention, not a delegate but as the guest of a delegate.

My dear friend and co-worker Luanne VanWerven was elected a delegate, and since her husband could not join her she invited me to come as her quest. I never dreamed I would ever have the opportunity to do something like this.

I not quite sure what to expect but look forward to the experience. As a guest I receive convention credentials that allow me access to everything except the actual convention floor.

I will admit, McCain is not a presidential candidate I am very jazzed about, but his stunning selection of Sarah Palin has been a most exciting development. My enthusiasm for the Republican ticket has grown substantially in the last 24 hours.

I will be blogging this adventure on my political blog Clearly Conservative if you are interested. For now, I am packed and ready to go. See ya in St. Paul!

No comments: