Saturday, June 25, 2011

Carson City Nevada

No big jaunts today. Got to sleep in and take it a bit easy after three big drive days. These sweet little mining cars were at our resort this morning and I thot they were so cute. Sunny and in the 80's...quite perfect!
Drove to Carson City today. Gary was fascinated with how they were building this new bridge. It's hard to get a good picture at 60 mph but I tried.

These metal cutouts on the overpasses where also very fun.

We were amazed at all the snow still on the mountains heading towards Lake Tahoe. We'll be heading there tomorrow. One thing we planned to do this trip was hit a car show in the Tri Cities. When we changed our plans that was cut. But guess what? We happened on a car show here in Carson City. I was so happy for the big guy. He LOVES car shows!

We spent a couple hours looking at the cars.

I'm not a car show person, but I guess these are really great.

And this one was kinda cool. You can't see it but the valve stem cap is a dice!

Ok, it really annoys me when they park cars together and the colors clash. Seriously!

And this....what is the point!

Ok, now this is kinda cute!

Now this is a car! There are only two kinds of cars here that matter to me - Nova's and Chevelle's.

These are OUR cars. When I met him Gary had a 72 Nova (which I totalled at the age of 17...but we won't go there) I loved that car. We dated in that car...till I totalled it.

But when we got married we had 70 Chevelle and THAT is the car that has my heart. We sold it when we had kids...and two weeks later the kid who bot it destroyed it. So sad. I would do anything to have a Chevelle like that again...we are dreaming and kind of looking.

After the car show we checked in to Silver City Resort. Not Gary's favorite because there is no grass, but it is out of town and very nice for the nite.

This could be our rv of the future. haha!

No comments: