Sunday, June 26, 2011

Zephyr Cove Resort

Beautiful day to travel over to Lake Tahoe. We haven't been here for many years so we're excited to go back there.
Our first glimpse of the lake!
We're staying at the Zephyr Cove Resort. Across from the resort is the beach...and it's kinda a party waiting to happen.
Right down the beach they were setting up for a wedding. Right in front of this they are renting paddle boats and canoes. Not sure how that works with a wedding but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Back across the street at the Resort we are very comfortable among these amazing pine trees. There are pine cones everywhere that I am trying to resist filling the bbow with.

Since we'll be staying here more than one nite we were able to really set up camp which felt so good. We have a perfect spot...except for no cell and very sketchy internet.

Got to enjoy our first bbq - steaks with a wonderful Malbec.

And this is the wonderful randomly wandering fence right behind us. I love this little fence and one day I shall have one of my own.

Can't wait to see our first sunset on Tahoe...with a little ice cream!

The sun was so low at this point it lit up the dock as if it were full day.


And here's an update on the wedding...in full swing.

The sunset was amazing and we got to enjoy it at the end of the dock seated comfortably in the little golf cart that was waiting for the paddle boat cruise to return. How gorgeous is this! Around 10 pm we missed a call from Taryn. She left a message and was upset. This sent our evening into quite an ordeal. We tried in vain to get a hold of her or JH. I sent e-mails to four people in hopes of reaching her tomorrow before she heads out to the wilderness. I do not even dare hope to talk to her but I did send an e-mail that I hope she will get and that it will encourage her...and I will pray thru this nite.

No comments: