Saturday, June 4, 2011

San Juan Eagle Forum Chapter Begins

This weekend I got to fly to Orcas Island to launch a new chapter of Eagle Forum in San Juan County. I was so impressed by the people I met. I described it as "finding the faithful in the land" like is talks about in Psalms. I was honored to meet each one.
One of the new board members has three cabins on his property that he rents out during summer. I was very blessed to use one of the cabins on Laughing Moon Farm...and highly recommend them!

This is the wonderful little gateway leading to the Trout House.

My flight from Eastsound was scheduled for 9 AM and my pilot was right on time to pick me up.


The weather was clear and beautiful and I actually had the presence of mind to take a few photos. I admit that on the flight over I was so absolutely stunned at how small the plane was that fear wiped every thought out of my head. I did not get any photos.


It was so clear and still we could even take a head-on landing into BIA.




This is my little plane. I was able to get in my car and back in my own garage by 9:30. Crazy considering I left Eastsound at 9:00. Flying is the ticket. I'm now a believer!

No comments: