Monday, September 29, 2008

Four Days In DC

Thursday morning at 4:30 AM I left for DC. Luanne, Anne and I were there for our annual Eagle Forum leadership meetings.

I just didn't have it in me to blog this trip, but it was a great four days, and a very interesting time to be in DC. Anne had not been here for 30 years.

On Thursday nite, after my State President's meeting, we took Anne to the Old Ebbit Grill near the White House, and briefly thru the historic Willard Hotel.

Friday morning after my state presentation we went to the Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Monument, WWII Memorial & Washington Monument.

Saturday we had some great training and then headed up to Capitol Hill to visit our Reps re: the bailout. Our most impressive visit was with Reichert.

A highlight of the trip for me was having Jess meet us for our dinner on Saturday nite where John Fund from the Wall Street Journal spoke on voter fraud.

No comments: