Monday, September 29, 2008

Missing Our Emma



It has been very hard for me to face writing this post so I have put it off for nearly a week. Last Wednesday we had to put our Emma down.

That morning after Taryn got on the bus I went to the farm to feed Emma and give her meds. She was laying flat in the paddock and I couldn't get her up. An hour after her meds she still wouldn't get up. Three hours later I still couldn't get her up.

So for a long time I just sat on the ground with her talking to her and gently touching her face. She was just in too much pain. Talking with Gary we knew we must act to spare her from this getting any worse.

Telling Taryn was hard. I went to school to be with her, and then took her out to the farm to say good bye. On double pain meds Emma had finally gotten up and was eating her hay when we got there. I was so thankful she was up.

Taryn so sweetly loved on Emma, brushed her and braided her tail. We took some pictures and all had a chance to tell her how much we loved her. She even enjoyed an apple or two. Then Taryn and I left.

No comments: