Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday and the Bay

I love my church and I was so glad to be able to worship there this morning. I was in complete shock to hear that our music pastor Sam's four year old son Max is in the hospital with e coli. He is a very sick little boy, and we are asking God for His grace and healing.

Taryn spent her afternoon giving pony rides at First Reformed church picnic. She got to wear her cowboy boots and hat and had a blast. After that she worked with her new horse Bert. They will have their first fun show together this coming Saturday.

She had hoped to take Emma along and do halter showing with her, but now we're not sure. Emma loves to go away and literally jumps in the trailer without being led there. It's too funny. It will be hard to have her watch the other horses be loaded and then to leave her behind.

Gary and I had a special invitation for dinner with the mayor and his wife at their new home at Birch Bay. It was such a fun evening with a great meal on their patio overlooking the bay. We watched the sun set over the water as we enjoyed a delicious meal.

The Kenner's were there too. The six of us have had a little dinner group for the past two years, and we alternate locations between our homes and favorite restaurants. I really look forward to and enjoy this. It's been fun to get to know them all a bit more personally than just professionally.

Oh, I could live at the bay! I've never been too excited about Birch Bay, but this little house on the water just outside of town is incredible. Such a get-a-way, yet so close to home. The ocean calls me and I feel so serene when I am near it.

It reminds me of the house on Orcas Island. Life there was so tranquil and minimal. There were four plates, four mugs, four towels... It's amazing how free that can make you feel.

Ok, enough. It was a great evening spent with great friends.

No comments: